It's all very well to have a nifty blog, but it isn't too much fun if you don't have people reading it and commenting on it. You might as well just write in a gilt-edged, leather bound book with a page for every date.
Now, from what I can gather on the net, there are a few ways you can get people to read Ze Blog.
- Include a link in the e-mail signature, so people you exchange mails with would see the blog. That would be the first part of the "awareness" campaign.
- Post in communities and forums and refer to articles in your blog. A sneaky way which seems like blowing your own trumpet, but that just a matter of perspective.
- The easy way would be to sign up with some search engine, like Technorati
Personally, I think it's a little early for me to try any of the above. This is my second blog entry, for crying out loud! I'm going to hold off until I get this place in order. Pending tasks are:
- Fill in more reviews into the movie database
- Bring the movie database up to date.
- Put in the classical music encyclopedia.
Once the done above, at least there's useful content for people to read, not a couple of bland blog entries.